Sunday, April 20, 2008

Changes

Life has many changes. You can't escape them, but you can make the most of them. I recently went through a divorce. Talk about major change! Thank goodness we still remain close friends. I never understood when people said they made better friends than a couple until I went through it myself.

I do not regret any time spent during the seven years of my marriage. I learned a lot about myself, a lot about him and most importantly I learned what I need in a marriage. I won't lie, marriage is WORK! But in the end, hopefully you learn.

I recently bought my first home as a single person. It's a little scary doing it alone but I remind myself that there are many people who do this and many more that will. I look at it as an investment and can hopefully sell it when the market picks back up. Until then, I'm having "fun" (NOT) going up and down three flights of stairs. The best part is that I get exercise whether I want it or not.




























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change is good. Without it, we would stagnate. But it is hard.

The house is gorgeous. Color me jealous ;)

Anonymous said...

I followed the link from Bonnie's blog and found you! Congratulations on the house, it's beautiful!